Who May Use our Services
You may use our Services only if you can form a binding contract with Learn@LCC, and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. When you create your Learn@LCC account, and subsequently when you use certain features, you must provide us with accurate and complete information, and you agree to update your information to keep it accurate and complete. All information gathered will be stored in compliance with the RA 10173, or the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
Our License to You
Subject to these Terms and our policies we grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our Services. You may download content from our Services only for your personal, non-commercial use unless you obtain Learn@LCC’s written permission to otherwise use the content. You also agree that you will create, access, and/or use only one user account, unless expressly permitted by Learn@LCC, and you will not share with any third party access to or access information for your account. Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access.
Changes to Content Offerings
Learn@LCC offers courses and content (“Content Offerings”) from La Concepcion College and other providers (“Content Providers”). While we seek to provide world-class Content Offerings from our Content Providers, unexpected events do occur. Learn@LCC reserves the right to cancel, interrupt, reschedule, or modify any Content Offerings, or change the point value or weight of any assignment, quiz, or other assessment. Content Offerings are subject to the Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability sections below.
No Academic Credit
Unless otherwise explicitly indicated by a credit-granting institution, participation in or completion of Content Offering does not confer any academic credit. Even if credit is awarded by one institution, there is no presumption that other institutions will accept that credit. You agree not to accept credit for completing a Content Offerings unless you have earned a Course Certificate or other equivalent documentation of your completion of the Content Offerings. Learn@LCC, instructors, and the associated Content Providers have no obligation to have Content Offerings recognized by any educational institution or accreditation organization.
The Services enable you to share your content, such as homework, quizzes, exams, projects, other assignments you submit, posts you make in the forums, and the like (“User Content”), with Learn@LCC, instructors, and/or other users. You retain all intellectual property rights in, and are responsible for, the User Content you share. User Content does not include course content or other materials made available on or placed on to the Learn@LCC platform by or on behalf of Learn@LCC’s Content Providers or their instructors using the Services, the Content Offerings; as between Learn@LCC and its Content Providers, such Content Offerings are governed by the relevant agreements in place between Learn@LCC and its Content Providers.
How Learn@LCC and Others May Use User Content
To the extent that you provide User Content, you grant Learn@LCC a fully-transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, sublicensable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to copy, distribute, modify, create derivative works based on, publicly perform, publicly display, and otherwise use the User Content. This license includes granting Learn@LCC the right to authorize Partners to use User Content with their registered students, on-campus learners, or other learners independent of the Services. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict other legal rights Learn@LCC may have to User Content, for example under other licenses. We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these Terms.
We welcome your suggestions, ideas, comments, and other feedback regarding the Services (“Feedback”). By submitting any Feedback, you grant us the right to use the Feedback without any restriction or any compensation to you. By accepting your Feedback, Learn@LCC does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to Learn@LCC, developed by its employees or contractors, or obtained from other sources.
We care about the security of our users. While we work to protect the security of your account and related information, Learn@LCC cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. Please notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your account by emailing email@example.com
Through the Services, you will have the ability to access and/or use content provided by instructors, other users, and/or other third parties and links to websites and services maintained by third parties. Learn@LCC cannot guarantee that such third party content, in the Services or elsewhere, will be free of material you may find objectionable or otherwise inappropriate or of malware or other contaminants that may harm your computer, mobile device, or any files therein. Learn@LCC disclaims any responsibility or liability related to your access or use of, or inability to access and use, such third party content.
Copyright and Trademark Policy
Learn@LCC respects the intellectual property rights of our users, Content Providers, and other third parties and expects our users to do the same when using the Services. We have adopted and implemented the RA 8293 otherwise known as the Intellectual Property Code of the Philippines.
Lear@LCC is committed to advancing learning and teaching, and records of your participation in courses may be used for education research. In the interest of this research, you may be exposed to variations in the Content Offerings. Research findings will typically be reported at the aggregate level. Your personal identity will not be publicly disclosed in any research findings without your express consent.
Acceptable Use Policy
Learn@LCC’s mission is to provide universal access to the world’s best education. We believe strongly in preserving free speech and expression for our users as well as academic freedom for our Content Providers and instructors. We also want to make sure that all of our users and instructors feel safe and comfortable while using our Services. We have drafted this Policy to ensure that people understand and follow the rules when participating in our online community and otherwise using our Services.
We may remove or edit inappropriate content or activity identified by or reported to us or suspend, disable, or terminate a user’s access to all or part of the Services.
You are prohibited from using our Services to share content that:
- Contains illegal content or promotes illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities. Please keep in mind that users who are as young as 13 use Learn@LCC, and we do not allow content that is inappropriate for these younger users.
- Contains credible threats or organizes acts of real-world violence. We don’t allow content that creates a genuine risk of physical injury or property damage, credibly threatens people or public safety, or organizes or encourages harm.
- Harrasses others. We encourage commentary about people and matters of public interest, but abusive or otherwise inappropriate content directed at private individuals is not allowed.
- Violates intellectual property, privacy, or other rights. Do not share content that you do not have the right to share, claim content that you did not create as your own, or otherwise infringe or misappropriate someone else’s intellectual property or other rights. Always attribute materials used or quoted by you to the original copyright owner.
- Spams others. Do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content.
You also aren’t allowed to:
- Do anything that violates local, state, national, or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
- Share your password, let anyone access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- Attempt to access any other user’s account.
- Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our Services, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of our systems, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Try to reverse engineer any portion of our Services.
- Try to interfere with any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing.
- Use our Services to distribute malware.
- Use our Services or any functionality of the Learn@LCC platform for anything other than for completing online courses or for pedagogical purposes.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list.
Updated as of May 8, 2020